Saturday, April 06, 2024

Connecting Kids

Welcome to the first pilot sessions :-

9th April 2024 14:15 CET

( Storyboard below for the zoom call )  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2443133552538789 face group for event 

Inspired by talking with Jonathan and his students once again after some years, we hae been working hard on putting together this program of "connecting kids"  

A quick "sponsor" mention ( aka "Investors in Education" / "Investors in People" ) - (the Investment here supports in this case data bundles for Innovation School students to get interviewed by Rehan School and to take part in these zooms )

Vienna Happiness Project  & The Learning Street  

and now.. the main event 

Nigel - the "what and why" of the event


Co-hosts are Uzma in Pakistan and Jonathan in Uganda 

video

video

and introducing Salwa in Kashmir, Pakistan

and Fred in Uganda.

     

In Vienna , nn

in Uganda, nn

in Pakistan, nn

& in Vienna, nn -  making 6 kids in total

then in to a zoom room for the call like this :-


Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 273 116 4156
Passcode: qH10sW

I think we can try some readers theatre based on this 2 person script, 

Readers Theatre Script for two, in English,
adapted from “Ilvie Little and the fearless sailors” by Susanne Stemmer

Leonie meets Ilvie ( and Theo ) p17-19

L. I'm Leonie. And who are you ?
I. My name is Ilvie, and this is my friend Theo. We just wanted to stop for a while. May we sit down next to you?
L. Yes, of course! I'm very happy to meet you. Here, let me move these photos so you can sit down beside me.
I. Thank you. They look very interesting, what are they?
L. They are old photos of my great-grandmother. My family are sailors, and we all go to sea very early. My great grand-mother Grace was a very famous sailor, and a pirate!
I. That sounds fascinating! May I see?
L. Of course. Look, this is her first ship, the Anastasia!
I. Wow, how nice! Take a look, Theo. What a beautiful ship the Anastasia is!
L. Great-grandmother was so wise and so strong that she conquered all the other pirate captains!

Exploring the Anastasia p28-29

I. Come on Theo, I'll hold your hand. ... Wow! It's cool down here. L. Come on, take a look over here.
I. Where are you? I don't see you.
L. Here!

I. Oh! You scared me!
L. Sorry, I didn't mean to.! Look, this was the library. There are all kinds of books about

sailing and navigation, and a lot of old sea charts. It looks as if my great-grandmother were just here.

I. All the stuff that she left lying around is still here, that's fantastic.
L. That's my great-grandmother's old ship's lantern! Wait a minute, there must be matches here somewhere.
I. Oh my goodness! It's really beautiful. Leonie, we just have to find the treasure map and go to sea on the Anastasia! Is there any hint of where that map might be?
L. Hmm...I don't know. Many people have already tried to find the old map but so far nobody has succeeded. I really think the treasure map is lost.

More about Ilvie and her adventures at www.ilvielittle.com 


The intention is to build to multiple 
breakout rooms for small chats, lets say 
30 Africans and 30 English and 30 Pakistanis in 15 breakout rooms of 6 people,  

 :-) 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home